A Letter, A Post, A Something To Myself
My first long-winded post. But these are the raw emotions I was battling with during the wee hours of Saturday Morning. Of course after I got the emotions out I was hesitant to press send, hence its now Monday evening. But like my tag line says, Life is sharing. So hopefully in the midst of it all, maybe someone out there can relate. Know you’re not alone. Be encouraged, more confident moving forward. And know nothing is wrong with not being able to please a large audience:-) Now let me try telling that to myself in A Letter, A Post, A Something To Myself.
Sigh. Nicole, we need to talk…
- Nicole, why did YOU start to blog? Because child, this is HARD work, so we have got to sort this out before we move any further! Me and You, Let’s talk.
It is so easy to get lost in this world. To lose yourself chasing what you think other people like, want, need and you totally forget why and for what reason you had started on your path in the first place.
Well, I think me and you need to make sure we’re on the same page, before we move any further. For my sanity’s sake, and I believe for yours too.
You cannot please people it doesn’t matter what you do, people gonna like you or hate you if that’s what they choose to do. Period. So why continue under some unseen, undefined burden to try and please people especially when they’ve already made up their minds that they are not gonna be pleased? Nicole, WHY? You only have control over you. Always be willing to be humble, but let the rest be what it’s gonna be.
Haven’t you stood behind people’s shadows long enough because you don’t think you’re good enough? Why create a whole new space, that YOU are paying for, (NO, that your husband is paying for!) that you are putting in all that hard work into, just to do what you have been doing your whole life for free!? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Don’t be afraid! What you have to share is worthy because you are worthy! You just put quality out there, and trust me child, it will touch somebody.
So why am I rambling?
What are you going to do different for YOURSELF moving forward????
- Firstly, have some backbone child. Stand for what you believe in, and not what you think others want you to be. If people don’t like you or what you have to say, that’s ok, nothing you can really do about that. Just be you boo and you’ll eventually connect with those who CAN relate. And know, that’s ok too! And if you feel oppressed to do that then you need to make a change my girl.
- Express yourself! Why did YOU start a blog? Wasn’t it for you? Why are you paying, putting in hours, upon hours of work if you are not truly expressing who you are? Really girl? Why?
- Just be you. Don’t try to impress others. People cannot be impressed. People like what they like and that’s that. You should know that. So do you! For once, do YOU! Be the free-spirited woman you know God has created you to be! And you being just you would be enough for the right people.
- Breath. You are not on anyone’s clock (Thank God!). Take your time.
- Don’t chase down money child. Really. If it’s to be, it’ll happen. If you just be yourself first, put in the HARD work, and pour in LOTS OF LOVE, all the things that God has for you will come after.
- Everyone’s situation is different. You know sometimes people only tell you what they want you to know and not what you really need to know. So stop trying to keep up with other people’s achievements. You’re only making yourself miserable. Let other people enjoy their successes and you enjoy yours!
- And while we on that point girl, don’t for a minute think that your successes aren’t good enough because they don’t match popular standards! You know where you came from child!! So where you’re at and where God is taking you is all but better! So be thankful for what God did for YOU!
There’s still more you need to hear hun…
- This is a big one girl, but I have to tell you. Don’t sell yourself short. It’s not worth it. Stop chasing after people who drop and pick you up when they feel like it. It’s bleeding into all areas of your life. It is one of your major reasons for stifling yourself. Has it proven itself to be worth it yet? NO! So stop!
- Keep things in their proper order. God, Family, Yourself. Everything else after.
- Remember this is a space for you can be you, hence Mommy Share Space. As corny, goofy, boring, emotional, just make it you hun.
- If you’re finding yourself in spaces where you can’t be yourself, then be where you can be you! And let people do them! I promise you, it’s not as scary as you think it is, you’ll be happier in the end.
- It’s better to have one true person in your life than a thousand fake ones. Remember that on this journey.
- Remember that spark and excitement you felt when you realized you loved doing this, hold on to that. Because you’re gonna need that for the rough times child. And they’re coming!
- Remember, Love is Work. So if you love doing this, well you already know!
- After this, I’ll let you be, for a minute. Don’t neglect yourself! Success without health is worthless child! Besides your beautiful family wants you around. Shoot, they need you around! So keep some balance. Besides, I miss doing Zumba and Just Dance with you! So How about it, ok!
- And Smile! Because I love you!
Note to self…
So Nicole babes, let’s get back to where your heart was when you decided to start Mommy Share Space. A place where you can be you, with the hope of reaching at least one person. Not with the hopes of trying to please the world. That ain’t happening child. Just be you and it will be all ok. It may not be a lot, but you’ll eventually click with others who can relate to YOU. There’s a lot of flash dash and in the now to entertain the world for a lifetime. You know that ain’t you, so don’t run down stream with the crowd. You’ll be EASILY lost. Try walking upstream. Even if it’s alone. Be brave! I know you can do it girl!
Until next time, take care!
A Letter, A Post, A Something To Myself